Toshko Kondov and Kristen Dobson
Todor "Toshko" Kondov, originally from Varna, Bulgaria, started dancing and competing at the young age of 5. His background in International Latin and Ballroom gave him a diverse set of skills that laid the foundation for him in the American styles. During his career in Bulgaria, Toshko has won over 45 medals, in both domestic and international competitions, in countries such as Hungary, Slovenia, Austria, Germany, France, Romania, Moldova, Russia, Croatia, Slovakia, and Ukraine. Following is a list of some of his major accomplishments:
- 2003 Bronze medal in Junior Latin
- 2010 Bulgarian Latin Vice-Champion
- 2011 Bulgarian bronze medalist
- 2011-2012 Winner of the Bulgarian National ranking and the Bulgarian Cup
- He also represented his country at 2 World Championships, 2009 Maribor, Slovenia and 2010 NYC, USA, as well as at the European Cup in 2012 in Austria.
Along with his competitive career, Toshko started teaching at the age of 18. Many of his students won medals and reached finals in National and International championships. In 2014 one of the couples he was training, became National 10 dance champions in the Under-21 division. After arriving in the USA & starting a partnership with Kristen they became Fred Astaire Colonial Classic Open Latin Champions at their first competition together.
Toshko especially feels proud of his Pro/Am career training several Top Students and helping them achieve many regional and national awards! Most importantly Toshko enjoys sharing his love and understanding of movement.
Kristen, an Ohio native, took her first dance class at the age of 4 to overcome her shyness. Needless to say, she achieved that first goal! Since then she has trained in several styles of dance such as tap, jazz, acro, hip-hop and ballet. At the age of 18 she came across a show on PBS called America's Ballroom Challenge or Ohio Star Ball. That was it. She fell in love with ballroom dancing and started her training. She hit the ground running by auditioning for and being selected as the featured ballroom dancer in "Ballroom Bravo" with PGT Entertainment aboard Regent Seven Seas. Upon returning she auditioned for the popular TV show So You Think You Can Dance, season 8 and 9, where she was a featured contestant and made it to Vegas Week. Watch Kristen's SYTYCD feature here.
In 2015 Toshko and Kristen started competing professionally. Since then they have won and received several awards including
- 2019 Ohio Star Ball Open Rhythm Finalists
- Ohio Star Ball Rising Star Rhythm Champions
- USDC Rising Star Rhythm Finalists
- Capitol Dancesport Rising Star Rhythm Champions & Open Finalists
- Cleveland Dancesport Challenge Vice Champions
- Northcoast Dancesport Champions.
Along with her professional accolades Kristen's passion is sharing her love of dance with students from beginner to advanced! She believes dancing is for everyone and can truly change lives!